Thursday, January 7, 2010

Photo Manipulation on Hiatus in the Media

How do you feel about the photoshopped images gone bad? Can you think of any other examples where you have seen this and thought to yourself - "wow that looks strange!". Share one of those examples with us in your blog. Does it bother you that companies are constantly crossing the line with their manipulations - or do you see it as just the way it is? How about this new trend where models and celebrities are baring their make-up free faces and saying "no" to photoshop? Is it a trend that will stick? What about the idea of magazines and runways using "normal" people, like the young, the old and the size 16 ladies? What is your reaction when you look at a magazine spread that isn't all glammed up like we are used to seeing? Share any of your thoughts and ideas on any of these issues.

This is totally true and i think its kind of sad in the world today. Photoshopped images definitely turn bad. Sometimes when i look in magazines, i wonder how do they make her so skinny and why is her skin sooooo smooth. When i look at that, i automatically think, "I want that!" and truth be told, the only way i can get that is if i take a picture of myself and have a computer touch it up for me. Yeah, it does bother me alot. I mean i can understand if the model may have a blemish or two, but to slim them down to a perfect size and not make them look like themselves.. i have a problem with that. I wouldn't like it, if i was part of a model agency and i went to a photoshoop and they touched my body up. I would feel like thats not me, people wouldnt get to see me for me and only as this person people want me to be.



I love love love that celebrities are having photoshops done with no makeup. Its your true face, true beauty to bare. I think its great because you get to see the person behind the makeup. Dont get me wrong, alot of photoshoots are fun to do with playful makeup and all, but when it comes to makeup on photoshop i dont think its right. I think everyone should show their imperfections, because everyone has them. Everyone.


Because of these photoshopped ads, most young kids and teenagers are being sent the wrong message. The ads say "Look like this! Thats the only way you will be accepted!" Being a kid myself, i know how it feels and just on
e expression like that can change the mind of an adolescent. Its not right and i dont think kids should think like that because things can become worse if they dont look like that.

Sometimes when i watch runway shows a
nd look at the models and say "Has the designer ever thought that normal people may wanna buy these clothes and wear them." If they only show skinny models, then what about everyone else. Can they not wear the clothes because they have to be stick thin. I think they should have NORMAL people to model the clothes cause that gives everyone a little bit more self confidence. If having normal people on the runway cant happen, then i say that they should stick with the models they have as a MODEL of them wearing it, and have other sizes availabe for ANYONE to wear. That way the models are actual models wearing the clothes. Think of it as a walking mannequin.



I remember looking at magazines of some of my favourite celebrities without makeup. They are on the cover of great magazines. When i see or read that they arent wearing any makeup, i think to myself,"Wow they are gorgeous!" I want to look like that. But if someone says they want to look like that of a normal person, that isn't bad. You just need to make yourself feel confident and you will shine. Its all about saying to youself, "I am beautiful."

4 comments:

  1. Hey Taylor,
    I find your perspctive on beauty, interesting and refreshing. Interesting because seeing you I see what the media calls ideal. Refreshing because you look past the different industries and media and beauty in everything. You're absolutely right when you say that people need to tell themselves they are beautiful because there is so much out there to bring down one's self- esteem. But by delaring yor own beauty you are telling the world and yourself that you do have confidence, and can not be brought down by what the media tells us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are really passionate about this topic because you totally put a lot of thought into what you posted. I like how you really emphasize on how we should see ourselves as beautiful no matter what we look like on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell that companies using Photoshop on models and celebrities really bother you. I also think that using Photoshop to make people look perfect isn't right. We all know that people aren't perfect; people would often have flaws and make mistakes. I agree with you when you say that they should have "normal" people modelling the clothes because even to me, it gives me a more natural "feel" when I see "normal" people modelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys for commenting!
    Much love to all ♥ :D

    ReplyDelete