Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Changing Face of Video Games

The question is, have games evolved enough to the point that they are beneficial to you, rather than detrimental? Or are they merely wolves in sheep's clothing? If they appear too good to be true, maybe they are. Are these new game genres still considered games or have they evolved into something new? What do you think?

This is
actually a really good point to bring up. During Christmas break i got a Wii for Christmas. I was really happy. Yesterday, my mom was looking at all of the games and things you can get for the Wii, and she was amazed. She didn't know they could have that many games and actually really beneficial and money worthy. I still have some of my oldest gaming systems, like the first nintendo, and the flip nintendo and xbox and everything. I have to say that things really have changed. I think from my personal experiences most games i get for my different devices work as good as they say they do, so they arent necessarily to good to be true.


Thats a good question. I dont know if they can be called games anymore. Like Wii's© and Xbox 360© are part of our life now. It may sound kind of ridiculous but almost everyone of my friends has a new gaming system. They can still be called games, but expecially for a Wii fit, i would call that something different. Maybe a lifestyle choice, i mean as long as it helps you. :)



1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, there is a variety of things you can do on Wii. The Wii Fitness promotes good eating habits and excersise. Of course I still don't believe that video games will ever be beneficial, but this one comes close!

    Caitlin Cosgrove
    Section 3

    ReplyDelete